Knowledge is power, especially when you’ve been charged with a crime. Here are five things to know about DWI laws in the state of New York:
- If this is your first DWI charge, you could face between $500 and $1,000 in fines.
- If this is your second offense, you could face a one-year minimum license suspension.
- If this is your third DWI offense, you could face a fine of up to $10,000.
- If you’re charged with a DWI, you will be given an ignition interlock device.
- If you’re under the legal drinking age, you can be charged with a DWI with a blood alcohol level under 0.02%
When you’re charged with a DWI in Forest Hills or Queens, NY, you need representation from someone who understands the law. Call 347-754-6267 to speak with a talented DWI attorney about your case.